Wednesday, February 22, 2012

30

Whisked away for my 30th!
Did you know this Canyon was named after someone named Wallace (I think)
He was killed by a GRIZZLY bear here in the later 1800's. Once upon a time I think there was moose in Arizona too.



Snow at Oak Creek!





So Wade and I picked a random place to hike-not a trail. I know, naughty, but it was near a few trails. We walked up this wash and imagine our total surprise when we found this. Before you credit us with finding a new or old Indian ruin....like 10 minutes after our discovery two more hikers appeared with a Indian Ruins of Sedona book. It was still pretty cool for us. I would live there!







30: I am 30. This does surprise me, because I am still anxiously awaiting for that feeling of "I am a grown up". Maybe it will never come? I don't care about getting older, I am not worried about the big 3-0. What bugs me the most is how much the people around me gripe about getting older. Getting old is a lamentable fact, your body breaks down, you get less attractive, (most of the time) but like I pointed out to my dad the other day...."Dad- you will get to be a bad ass like Clint Eastwood in Grand Tarino". I just saw that movie on TV- my dad with his Chevelle. So when you look at it like that, its not all bad, in fact it can be pretty cool. Plus, if I swear in front of my parents now, all they do is give me a frowny face, I don't get in trouble. I assume this is because they view me as an adult. If I could make a wish, it would be that my 30's are easier then my 20's. Wishful thinking I know. Now, I have to pick a new wish because I just shared my birthday wish. Ugggh! ;) So here's to me! I would cheers myself with Coke Zero but I gave it up.
A Reason I love Wade more now then when I was 29, or 19 for that matter:
On the way up to Sedona for the night to celebrate my turn into 30. I felt like the whole drive Wade told me why he thinks I'm "so awesome", and why he is so glad I stayed with him for 10 years as he smoothed out his rough spots. It was kind of an outer body experience, but I just shut up and said "thank you" in the end, and asked him to pass the Ginger Ale! I felt special and very loved. Getting older can be rewarding I think.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

You are amazing, and are loved by so many. You both are meant for each other as you both have such a special spirit. I am so proud to call you family. Your posts always make me laugh Chari, love you!

Giselle said...

That was sweet. Wade has a special way of making people feel like they matter, and like he appreciate them. You are both so lucky to have each other. I hope that one day I can find someone to share the same type of relationship you two do...one full of respect and patience, fun and laughter, adventure and love. Happy 30th! I am one of those people that gripes about getting older. Oh well.... :)






The glory of God is intelligence, or in other words, light and truth.
D&C 93:36


Question or Comment?

our wonderful life




Blog Archive