Friday, February 11, 2011

High as a kite!





























So recently I found myself in the surgery waiting room again. No worries, just more work on Wade's jaw and teeth. To pass the time I picked up a magazine only intended for the super rich living in the Southwest of North America. The magazine had a ton of photos of beautiful homes and sunset's. One article caught my eye stating

A New Study Shows People are Happier when they are doing something they wanted, opposed to buying something they wanted


Now that hardly seems like rocket science, but I totally agreed. Especially since money, is something I don't have alot of. I don't remember the specifics of the study, or how they measured happiness levels, so I don't know how reliable it is.

What I do remember is at the end it suggested instead of buying that new plasma, to go on a fly fishing trip. The article suggested a quaint cabin, that offered expert instruction for just around $2,500 for a 3-day trip, somewhere in Montana. I started laughing at this point, it seemed like the article was sending mixed messages. The article did remind me, that I feel much more fulfilled while flying a kite with my family, then buying new clothes. However, if I ever do have $2,500 to spend, that trip in Montana sounds pretty awesome!!





The glory of God is intelligence, or in other words, light and truth.
D&C 93:36


Question or Comment?

our wonderful life




Blog Archive