
This past Saturday at 7:00 in the morning some of our family and friends met at the Phoenix Zoo to walk for Autism Research. It was an awesome sight to see so many come out for this event. Wearing Goose's Groupies shirts designed by my talented Aunt Liz. I was overwhelmed, and that was about all I could say before the tears started flowing. We were able to raise double our goal. Along the zoo walk trail they had facts about treatments for Autism. Some of the facts seemed bleak, but I felt alive with hope. Dr. Granpeeshech is the founder of Weston's ABA therapy provider. In a recent documentary she said "Autism is a blessing". As I aspire to feel the same way, on Saturday, it was easy to feel blessed.
I hope my family and friends will appreciate my public Thank you and we love you. The other day Wade and I sat down and complied a written list of the attributes and skills Weston had acquired over the past year. We had 74 and we keep coming up with new ones! The Holidays are around the corner so I have a feeling the cheesy posts will be appearing in droves, but do they ever really stop?This is going to be a one of those weeks for our family. I am teaching in Relief Society and I am nervous, Wade is attempting to hunt and I am sad. Luckily- the area he has drawn has a very low success rate. Here's to wishful thinking!

zoo walk 2008
11 comments:
Chari the zoo walk was awsome, thank you for all you do. I love you and I want you to know it all turned out great!
That looks like such a great event! Another friend from high school participated in that walk as well, since his son also has Autism. I'm glad you were able to raise so much for research! What a wonderful opportunity.
As far as teaching RS goes--I hope you enjoy it! That was my absolute favorite calling. I made me feel like a missionary all over again because it was my responsbility to focus on and study the gospel--even if it was for just a few hours each week. Man, I miss that calling!
How neat. What a turn out. I should totally be more involved. Too bad I had to do a dumb Defensive Driving class all day Saturday. :( Did I mention I hate Red Light Cameras? Anyway, I'm looking forward to your cheesy posts. Hope to see you soon.
Chari, the zoo walk was so much fun! I had been looking forward to it for months and it was well worth the wait...and dealing with the heat :)~ I think everyone felt really proud to be involved in the event. You are a wonderful mother; Weston is truly blessed with the opportunities you provide him with. Let's do it again next year for sure!
You got some cute pictures I didn't get. I'm going to have to steal them from you ;)
I'm glad it was a success. I think it's a little ironic that you talked about hunting and had zoo pictures in the same post. Aren't those little animals too cute to shoot? :) Also, I know you'll do great in RS.
I love your cheesy posts, to me they are not cheesy at all, you have such a talent putting your feelings into words. I want you to know that it was a priviledge to participate in such an event, even with the heat and all. We love Weston so much, he is such a sweet angel and he is so blessed to have parents like you and Wade. Thank you for inviting us to take part.
What a great day! I'm glad we got to be there. It was amazing to see all the support. You have such a great family. Weston is very lucky. Sorry we were late.
Chari,
keep the hope alive! That is great to see how things have improved. You are doing a great job!
Kristin
I am always amazed at the endless work you are doing for such a enormous cause. You're incredible and Weston is one blessed boy to have you for a Mom! by the way, I love your Pumpkin BUmpkin post. Why are pumpkin patches more fun? I love halloween....well not as much as your crazy sister!
We were there that day, I only wished I remebered the walk that morning. sounds like it was a big success.
You are so awesome, that looks like you all had a great time, it would awesome to be a part of that. Weston is so cute!
Post a Comment