Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April is Autism Awareness Month




April is Autism Awareness Month

In our home we aim to appreciate those in our lives who help ease Weston's Autism.

We are grateful for the media's attention to the growing epidemic, but pray more research will be done in prevention and treatment. So many families deserve hope. Autism has absolutely changed the way I see the world. Autism has taught me to second guess my perceptions, to be patient, very very patient. It's true Autism has taken much away from me. But if I focus on that for too long, I become bitter, and that is not attractive. :) I hope that we all second guess ourselves when we have difficult children in primary and youth classes, or see movie worthy meltdowns in the store, that we just don't chalk it up to poor parenting, that maybe we take a more proactive approach to reach out to children who might be stuggling to understand our world. Like we learned in conference, we all deserve the opportunity to progress.



On a unrelated note: We are doing landscaping, which means getting rid of the many cacti that color my front and back yard. We have quite a few prickly pear, paper cholla, barrel, and other various stabbers. They are not the most kid friendly, but if you want them- email me at chariblog@yahoo.com.

We are digging them up this weekend.






The glory of God is intelligence, or in other words, light and truth.
D&C 93:36


Question or Comment?

our wonderful life




Blog Archive