Monday, March 17, 2008

R&R...a litte

This past weekend we went to my parent's cabin for a little R & R. It was a short trip and I was determined to make it enjoyable. Wade's sister Meredith and her husband, Jake, joined us. On Saturday we where trying to get somewhere and our truck got stuck in the mud. Really stuck. We where pretty much in the middle of the forest. It was so cold and the mud was freezing, but after alot of work and 2 and half hours later we were finally able to get the truck to move. Wade called it an adventure, I called it something else.



It became very cold while we where there. It was snowing when we left. We went to Silver Creek to fish but the wind and snow made that somewhat uncomfortable. Weston loved the snow and the cold. He was so excited, he never complained. Even when the snow was blowing in his face, he was just happy to be out in the elements. He is our little trooper. It was a fun to get away and experience the snow. We where sad to leave, so we will have to go back soon.









Weston was unhappy about the family picture. He wanted to go play. You will also have to forgive my makeupless face. I don't even bring it when I go to the cabin.

12 comments:

Lexi said...

That looks like so much fun!! Although the truck getting stuck part.... I would've been so frusterated!

Giselle said...

Cute! You look beautiful even with no makeup Miss Chari! Looks like you guys had fun...and I would've called the getting stuck in the mud something else too! Not quite so much an adventure :) At least you know you're taken care of when you're with Wade!
I've been stalking your blog daily waiting for a new post, so I'm glad you finally did one! Love you!

Chelsea said...

Boys and their adventures! Glad you got a quick trip though! Cute family picture!

I am so glad you love Across the Universe too. I really LOVE it all!! I put some of the songs on my blog music if you want to steal them. Cody laughed because he bought me the cd and I still put it on my blog. I can't get enough!

Chantel said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I can't wait till the baby gets a little bit older and is no longer nursing to where I can go on some trips like that. You guys are such a cute family.

Liz said...

What an awesome cabin and environment to hang out in. I'm sure it was worth getting stuck in the mud for. Oh, yeah thats easier said than done. Great pics.

Amanda said...

You look great Chari. It looks like so much fun, but I'm not a fan of the cold! I have to show Mike the pics of the cabin, I tried to explain it, but it's been so long.

The Carpenter Family said...

what a fun time! Except for the mud part. I love snow...love all the new pics!

The Tate's said...

What a fun family trip! YOu guys always take such great pictures too!

Joe and Laura said...

Goodness, Chari I would of called it something else too, getting stuck for 2 1/2 hrs, you are such a trooper, I'm glad you were all okay. That'll make a great story for years to come.

Marci said...

Chari it looked like so much fun, I am so sad I missed it!. I could have guessed that an adventure would have happend with Wade.

Chad~Nicole said...

If only we were as optimistic as our husbands and thought getting stuck in the mud was an "adventure."

Natalie said...

Looks like you had a fun time. I love the snow too. What a cute family picture.






The glory of God is intelligence, or in other words, light and truth.
D&C 93:36


Question or Comment?

our wonderful life




Blog Archive