

Hello Friends-
As most of you know, I have a beautiful son with Autism. I now can clearly see that supporting children with Autism, and children with other special needs, is one of my life's purposes. I am amazed when I look back and review the divinely given experiences that prepared me to be Weston's mother. Weston and his Autism are something I try not blog about a lot, although we deal with it on a constant basis. I don't want it to overrun my life and other interests.
With that said, last night I was at a S.A.N.E. (don't you love the name) meeting. It is a support group for parents who have a child with Autism. I love belonging to this group because they are so proactive in our community. Our current focus is the passage of the Arizona Autism Insurance Bill. When Weston was diagnosed, I was shocked to learn that Autism is not covered by our insurance at all. We had been paying the premiums, and expected to have coverage. Since Autism is such a growing problem, it makes no sense at all that it is excluded by virtually all insurance plans. For those that feel insurance companies are leaving so many wonderful kids without the coverage they desperately need to make any progress, we ask that you contact your local representatives and ask for their support on the Arizona Autism Insurance Bill. We simply feel that it was left out of original insurance mandates. Look at the information on the flyer here. There are details about a vigil I will be attending. If you are in district 22 you can contact my e-mail. If you would like, I will come to your home if you want to sign the petition. Thank you for your help and taking the time to think about supporting a cause that is so dear to my heart. Have a great week. chari0282@aol.com
20 comments:
weston is one lucky kid!
Weston is one lucky kid! You are so awesome. I'll put in my silent request to the ONE who counts. :) Sorry we aren't there to sign the petition.
Good for you! Let me know what I can do, I totally agree with you! Talk to you soon!
I have a love/hate relationship with insurance. Heaven forbid you should actually have to USE it, but when you NEED it, it doesn't cover what you need. I'll do my part in my district as soon as I research the right person to contact.
I love that you are so involved and informed. I agree Weston is one lucky boy!!! YOu are such a great mom.
Chari you are amazing! The lady I am in Activity days with has a son with autism and I want to show her this. I don't know what I can do from thatcher but I know in our ward alone we have 4 children with autism and you are so right something needs to be done with insurance! I also loved seeing pictures of your parents! I love them please tell I say Hello!
I will do whatever you need me to. I am amazed at your strength. You go above and beyond the call of motherhood. I love you
You are awesome, I would love to sign the petition or do anything else that would help! I have a cousin with autsim so I need to tell my uncle about it! Call me and I'm sure I can run by your house and sign it. (480) 734-4743
Chari,
I am inspired to see what an amazing mother you are.
I appreciate and love how pro-active and supportive you are in your son and other childrens lives who have autism.
It would be more than nice for insurance companies to offer an addittional plan to cover the costs with the diagnosis and other treatments for children with autism.
I would love to research more about this, thanks for the website info and I would love to contact our representative by letter.
Thanks Chari, you are wonderful.
cute pic of the boys at the top. The girls had a blast with weston on sat. They didn't want to leave. Weston couldn't have been blessed with better parents. Thanks for always being there for me.
I love your picture on top. Cousins are the best! :)
I can't believe it's not covered by insurance, I totally tho it was. I want to sign the petition. Can I do it on-line so you don't have to drive to my house in BFE to have me sign it?
You know I will be there and will write the distric in casa grande. I love you all very much and am happy that you have used your blog to inform people about these things. Love you
I live kind of by you... are we in the same district? If so I can sign it and get my in-laws to as well who all live in the area. Let me know Chari!
done
what I mean by that is, I emailed the three legislatures in this district and they all wrote back and said they agree and thank you. :) I think you're a great Mom too BTW. :)
Hey, thanks for going with me today. I'm sad I couldn't make it to dinner though. We need to do a movie sometime down here.
Chari, I had no idea your son had Autism. I'm in district 19, but I still wrote my Legislator (both Senate and House). Thank you for your post, and I know that the only way to get things done sometimes is by speaking up.
I would love to sign it if its still up and running. Unfortunately I have been WAY behind on my blog stalking and just barely read your blog. I was thinking about going to Queen Creek on saturday for the day to visit my sister because Kameron will be gone. I will definately want to sign it, but since I live in Maricopa...AKA the other side of the world from you...I wouldnt expect you to drive to me. Maybe we could meet in between somewhere this week. You are such a great mommy, and with such a positive attitude. Weston is one lucky kid!
Chari and Wade RULE!!! You guys are the best parents ever and do so much good not only for Weston but for all the other kids out there!!!! You know I adore Weston, and I will surely be there. I love these pictures too :)
Post a Comment