I can not believe how quickly the hardest year of my life is going. Yep- that's right, so my big plan about coasting through my thirties, well it did not happen. The operative in that past sentence, "my". I should of known by now, my plan flew out the window long ago, sometimes there is some peace to know someone other than myself, might have a better design of life for me than I had myself. WOW, don't ask me to repeat that, ever. So let's do a true update. Like a real one like blogs are meant for.
Weston finished another year of school. He had an awesome teacher, like the private school kind in the public school system. He did well, he embodies everything perfect in this world. On my hardest days, laying next to him soothes my soul and warms my heart. He is talking and understanding more. He is learning to read, type, and we are working on daily living skills. I was so worried Weston would not to take to his sister, for the most part he avoids her in the kindest way possible. He kisses her whenever he hears someone say her name. He exceeded my expectations for him in that department. She, well, is in love with her big brother. How could she not be? She must of been told that he hung the moon before she joined our family. Weston is Wonderful Excellent Sweet Talented Oh so cute & Nice! Glad the world knows it!
The girl who looks like Wade, known as Zz, Zip, Xena, or Daisy.... is keeping in our life in high gear. Not only does my daughter look my husband, she has his zest for life in abundance. It was obvious she was not content being a baby at a week old, nothing has changed. This is clear by her desire to hit her gross motor milestones a bit ahead of schedule, much to my dismay. (lots of tears, scratches, and bumped heads) It is totally cool though, for a while I thought she may not ever roll over. She is sweet, demanding, hates baby food, and gives great smiles. It still feels like a dream that I get to kiss her soft face and hold her in my arms, life feels more complete with my son and daughter by my exhausted side. I love to see to Wade in awe of her rock climbing skills, not kidding folks.
Wade......was there ever any doubt??? The boy rocks at hard work. He is doing very well in school. and making a good impression on the medical staff he works with. I am proud. We are half way though his program. Sooner rather than later, Wade will be a RN! An extremely poor and looking for a job RN, but that should happen right around the turn of the year.
Onwards and Upwards!