Monday, October 15, 2012

Baby Daisy

Daisy Skye Reynolds
September 17th
1:07 PM
7 lbs 13 0z
 
A few things about Daisy
*She has an adoring big brother
*blue eyes &; brown hair
*she eats-alot
*she smells good
*She has long fingers and big feet
* 7 is her lucky number
 
I arrived for my scheduled c-section. I was surprised I made it to my due  date and a little bummed I did not get to try for a v-back. I moved on quickly to focus at the task at hand. NOT FREAKING OUT. The sun was shining when Wade and I pulled into a tight parking space to have our baby. After some complimenting and kisses we walked into the hospital commenting how it was a great day to have a baby. My doctor got off the plane having spent the morning fishing at the Snake River to deliver me.  After stress and more stress I found myself in the surgery room getting a spinal. Clutching the hands of the woman in front of me I realized panic had arrived and I was indeed freaking out. I heard the beeps signaling my BP was dropping, clanks of surgical prep., and then the tugging and pulling. I looked up at Wade and his mouth was covered by a mask but his eyes got great big with excitement and then I heard her cry and cry. Then I saw her. She was red, bright, and mine. I was stunned when I realized I recognized her face. I saw Wade and Weston in her little face. Soon after I began retching on the surgical table, more beeping. It felt like the surgery was forever and all I wanted to do was to see her face again. As soon as my awareness began to fade and I was sure to faint, Wade walked over and said,




















 
"Sometimes Everything is Perfect". I knew he was referring to our daughter. She was here, happy, & healthy. It seemed like to much to ask for. But in that moment, that perfect moment, I tried to breath and express my many, many, heartfelt thanks. The days and weeks that have followed are a blur. Many highs and lows. Elation and frustration. But despite all the hard work an infant takes, we are very happy to have Daisy Skye here, in our family, forever.

 


2 comments:

Liz said...

Chari, she is adorable, perfect little face. She is so blessed to come into such a wonderful little family, exceptional parents, adorable and sweet big brother, and loving, dedicated grandparents, and speaking for myself, an aunt that will enjoy and follow every exiting step of her growing up. Love you all and congratulations, you are blessed and deserve all of it.

Allison Nelson said...

Yay yay yay!!! Such a wonderful addition to our family. Can't wait to meet Miss Daisy. Good work Chari. So much sacrifice and love all around.






The glory of God is intelligence, or in other words, light and truth.
D&C 93:36


Question or Comment?

our wonderful life




Blog Archive