


Picture of first offical "day cold enough to wear a jacket" !!! Cute.
Okay, so I thought this would be a silly thing to blog about but at lunch with my friends they thought it might be useful. It is very important that Weston gets the best nutrition possible. This can prove to be very challenging because he is tactile defensive. (The certain look and touch of things is very unpleasant for him) Lots of children are defensive about certain foods anyway. So I have been forced to come up with some creative recipes to get Weston his veggies. So far, I have come up with zero, but I have been passed along some that you may want to try out with your kids. Also, if you have one to share, please do.
Veggie Sprinkle Cake
Take a white or yellow cake mix (I find you really don’t need as much oil as it calls for)
Follow the directions
Place circles of pineapple on the bottom of your baking pan. (may need a little pam)
In the cake mix you are going to shred handfuls of raw red cabbage, carrots, and radishes and green squash. Think funfetti cake. When it bakes up that is exactly what it looks like. If you shred it finely enough you can not taste the vegetables. Pour cake mix on top of pineapple and bake. Cake for breakfast? You bet! My son is as picky as you get, but this one is a winner.
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Of course we use gluten and casin free mixes, but you don’t have to. Bake chocolate chip muffins and shred raw zucchini in the cups and they probably won’t know. Weston had this one a few times presented to him before he would eat it.
Now that I feel like a total nerd, I am going to post a picture of my husband paint balling. You can’t get much nerdier than that! I actually love how he really commits to whatever he is doing. If you like paint ball, let me know. (I don’t, because it hurts) Wade gets groups of people to go out on Saturdays some times. Don’t worry he is only that intense like 80% of the time. Have a great week everybody.
13 comments:
My sons don't like their vegetables either. I will have to try out your recipes. I hope you have a great week also. What kind of therapy are they doing for your son. My mom watches a boy that she thinks is autistic. How do you know? I thought maybe you would have some advice. It is always great to here from you.
One of my friends buys baby food veggies and has her son dip his food in it instead of ranch, ketcup, etc. For example, she'll give him pretzels or crackers and have him dip 'em in a jar of sweet potatoes, corn, etc.
I thought the recipes were great. Jeffry is a horribly picky eater so I may just have to steal these recipes. He would never eat those vegtables outside of a cake. I am going to give it a try. Thanks!
That's such a great idea. A lady told me in my old ward that she'd put all sorts of ground up veggies in breads, cakes, cookies and stuff for her kids. They never know. :) Thanks for the recipe's, you are not a nerd... at least not for that blog. :) Oh, and those pics are so cute of Weston! I love jacket time, it's like 75* in my house in the morning. hurray
Thankfully my kids like veggies and sometimes protest the bad stuff. We have been putting pumpkin in everything lately. Over the weekend I made choco chip pumpkin pancakes. I think they make gluten free pancake mix, and the canned pumpkin I think is gluten free. You would know better than me though. I think I like your recipes for myself to eat better!! :) Thanks for sharing!! If you have anymore tried and true you should post more! I love getting other peoples ideas.
I happened to catch a few minutes of Oprah yesterday and it was on this very topic! Jessica Seinfeld just came out with a cookbook for putting veggies in everything. She purees veggies and mixes them in everything. (Like she'll put mashed up squash in macaroni and cheese because it's the same color.) The title is "Deceptively Delicious."
You shouldn't feel like a nerd every mom needs some ideas from other mom's. The more ways you can try things the better.
Hey! what cute pictures...Weston is so big. I was going to tell you about that book by Jessica Seinfeld but someone already mentioned it. I think its a great idea and you should check it out some of the recipes you would not even know. We need to handg out soon...I miss ya. Jacob would love to go paint balling with Wade anytime!
DeaAnna
I did get that cook book yet but I will tonight when I am in town. I love those pictures of Weston, he is too cute for words. I love you and hopefully next Thursday works for you.
BLOG MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for your comment I will have to chat with tricia about night terrors. And those recipies are going to be a hit in my house! Thanks! I have to say Chari I don't think Weston could have been given a better mom! You are amazing!
Oh and it sounds like our husbands would get along GREAT! My husband loves paintballing! To bad we live so far.
I'm sure you have heard of this by now but Jerry Seinfields wife has a recipe book out now called Deceptively delicious. She purees all sorts of vegetables and adds it to her regular cooking and you cannot tell the difference. My sister in law made spinach brownies and I thought that was going to far, but she saidit was good, nice and moist.
Just an idea for all of us mommies trying to get thier kids to eat thier veggies.
Post a Comment