Monday, August 13, 2007

Big Day



Well it is a big day for my little family, especially my little son. I have seen many pictures of friends preparing and sending their children off to school recently. Weston had his first day of school today, sort of. Weston started his first day with the Center for Autism and Related Disorders (C.A.R.D.) they are one of the most prestigious Hab providers in the world, number one in California. They just started in Arizona after lobbyists worked very hard to get them here as part of a grant. It brings us great joy to announce that after hours of paperwork, Weston is one of 14 children in the State who will receive the benefit of their services, and take part in the grant/study. If this study yields the same results as it has previous times, it will mean national change for children with ASD. We continue to be excited and optimistic about Wes's future. So wish us luck as we embark on this 30-40 hour a week program for the next 3 years!! I know this will make a huge dent on my ability to be social, so I will see my friends and family less, I will have to do a good job of keeping everyone up to date with our progress. So on days like this, I can't help but be overwhelmed with gratitude for my supportive family and friends, great therapists (Brooke), and my wonderful hubby.
Today was a very big day for another important little man in our life, Gavin. He went to school as well. I hope my sister will post video of him soon on her blog, so everyone can see his new found talent, break dancing.

10 comments:

CDR said...

Okay-I got like 3 e-mails this morning, I have a good camera but I just don't know how to change the settings, sorry about it being blurry.

Amanda said...

Chari, I think that's so awsome that Weston got into that program. He's got such a great Mom! Good luck with the new schedule and I hope you can still make time for me once in a while. :-)

The Tate's said...

Chari,
That is so exciting! Weston is too cute. Hope you guys have a great day.

The Johnsons said...

chari...can we say chubby??? look at my face!! hahah.. even jay was making fun of me. o well, i love weston! im so excited that he got into CARD and im anxious to see his progression. this is going to be a fun (at times challenging) adventure for you, but like you said.. it is a small price to pay. you are awesome, thanks for all youve done to help me! see ya friday! :)

Marci said...

Chari I am so happy for Weston!!! I am so glad he got this chance of a life time. I love him so much and he is the cutest nephew EVER! By the way it is okay if you don't see me as much during the week I will just hunt you down on the weekends!

Chad~Nicole said...

I'm so happy for you and your family. I'm sure Weston will be a star student!

Kristen said...

Chari that is an awesome milestone! So exciting for your family and Weston. He will do awesome I am sure!

Jake and Lynn said...

Chari!!! That is so great. That is huge for that program in AZ and ever huger (is that word) that Weston gets to be a part of it. I'm excited to hear all about it...We love you so much and hope everything goes well.

Marci said...

FYI......... I am currently the highest bidder on EBay for the one and only Hugga Bunch! I am determined to find this movie, however I remember hoe scared I was as a little girl so I don't think I will let Gavin watch it. Also I don't even own a VHS player so I will have to use yours! YEA!!!

Heather said...

Chari that is so great!! He is so adorable. I can't believe it's been so long since I have seen you. Weston was just a little baby the last time I saw you. Sad. I hate how time slips by!






The glory of God is intelligence, or in other words, light and truth.
D&C 93:36


Question or Comment?

our wonderful life




Blog Archive